Starting a career in the beauty business…
Is being a Beauty Therapist right for me?
Becoming a beauty therapist can be the most rewarding and creative job that anyone could want. The industry is always looking for people who have a strong passion for the beauty world, wanting to enhance their skills all the time and to make others feel good.
To be a Beauty Therapist it requires the skills of-
- Caring for Clients – a friendly personality.
- Great attention to detail
- Care for Appearance
- Dedication and long hours
- The ability to sell products and earn commission
- Business awareness ( if you’re self-employed)
What you will do in the industry:
When studying you will learn a range of treatments and how to carry these out correctly and safely. You will learn how to set up the work area, and meet and greet clients in a professional mannerism.
Some of the treatments you will learn and put into practice are as follows:
- Pedicure, Manicure, shellac polish and all other Nail treatments.
- Removing unwanted facial and body hair.
- Eyebrow shaping, tinting and sometimes threading.
- Individual Lashes, perms and tint.
- Facials for all different skin types and textures.
- And you will also briefly cover how to apply makeup and how to advise your client on how, and what they should be using.
As well as carrying out treatments, you may also:
- Answer & make telephone calls.
- Greet clients professionally and make them a hot or cold beverage.
- Book appointments
- Check and order supplies
- Keep notes of clients’ medical histories and treatment programmes
- Refer clients to a doctor if need
In the beauty industry you can earn between £15,000 and £22,000 a Year.
( On Average.)
This is depending on if you are employed or self employed & if it is commission based.
Career Pathways & what it could lead on to…
- Salon Manager/Director for a company
- Run your own Salon/business.
- Fashion, theatre , Makeup and SPA Careers
So how do I get started?
Here are Oakwood Home Learning we have the right Beauty & Makeup courses available just for you…
You will learn all the tips and tricks as well as an ABC awards Certification after completion of the course.
Kick Start your Career now!
To find out more information, please visit our website at: